All new dwellings commencing after 15 June 2023 must comply with the new legislation.
This website is run by Devon Building Control which is a Partnership of Teignbridge District Council, South Hams District Council and West Devon Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- you can't zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- some information is presented as map data and not accessible using a screen reader
- some of our content is difficult to understand
- some pages have skipped heading levels
- some pages contain tables used for layout
- some pages need improved hyperlinking
- some form controls and buttons are not labelled
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please email email@example.com, alternatively you can call us from 8.30am - 5pm, Monday to Thursday, and from 8.30am - 4.30pm on Fridays on 01626 215793.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in seven days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us by telephone: 01626 215793, or email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Our main reception area at Forde House has audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter